Oncology nurse navigators are committed to improving the experiences of patients and families. We are experts in navigating complex healthcare situations and can assist with issues such as connecting patients to the appropriate providers, facilitating access to information, offering clarify to the plan of care, and referring patients and families to supportive services. We are here to meet with you over the phone or in person to answer your questions and to get you the information that you need to make treatment decisions. We are available in the beginning stages of your diagnosis and throughout the entire continuum of your care. Our goal is to break down any barriers of fear, cost, availability, and lack of understanding of your care. We are the connection between you, your healthcare team and your family. We have experience working with people with cancer and appreciate how challenging this journey can be. We are patient educators, advocates, care coordinators, and system navigators. Our goal is to improve your cancer care experience and to help families navigate through the complexities of cancer care.
Your Nurse Navigator will help you by:
- Serving as a continuous point of contact for you and your family throughout your entire cancer care experience.
- Educating and supporting you in making informed decisions about your care, recovery, and survivorship planning.
- Coordinating your appointments and facilitating your communications with physicians.
- Teaching you and your family members about your treatment and side effect management.
- Providing you and your family with support and resources at the Abramson Cancer Center at Pennsylvania Hospital, and the surrounding community.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please contact one of our nurse navigators below:
Jillian Burns, RN, BSN, OCN
Kristin Hand, RN, MSN, OCN
Teresa Smink, RN, MSN, OCN
Megan Wachlin, RN, BSN, OCN