Below are Quick numbers/links that apply to ALL of Pennsylvania:
- Call 311 for help finding a food pantry. Make sure to call the pantry in advance to confirm their hours.
- Call 211 for help via United Way (human and social services)
- Call the WhyHunger hotline at 1-800-5HUNGRY to find food pantries near you, or visit the WhyHunger website.
- Text your zip code to 1-800-548-6479 to receive a list of food pantries near you.
- Community Resource connects https://communityresourceconnects.org/ There are resources here for food, mental health, housing, transportation, education, etc.
- PA Department of Agriculture – lists food resources by county https://www.agriculture.pa.gov/FoodForThought/Pages/Article.aspx?post=71
The following Food Resources are listed by areas:
- Free food boxes every Monday AND Thursday 10 am–noon (see locations in the Food Box Locations page below).
2. Free student meals for children while schools are closed:
3. Coalition Against Hunger food pantry finder: http://www.hungercoalition.org/food-pantries
Philly Food Finder Map: https://phillyfoodfinder.org/ (see locations in the Food Box Locations Page below)
4. Food Box Locations in Philadelphia: https://caringconnectionjkscp.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Food-Box-Locations-in-Philadephia.docx
https://chestercountyfoodbank.org/community-partners/member-agencies/(when you get to this site, click on, “Find a local Food Provider or Hot Meal Site”, to get list of providers and addresses)
Also check out this link for information pertinent to COVID-19 and Food Stamp Helpline: https://www.centralpafoodbank.org/covid-19/
- Harrisburg Salvation Army
https://pa.salvationarmy.org/harrisburg-pa/ (when you get to this site, click on “IF YOU NEED HELP, click here. This will take you to current food resources and locations)
- York, PA
- Greater Washington County Food Bank:
- Westmoreland County Food Bank:
- Second Harvest Foodbank of Northwest PA